Are you looking for the End User License Agreement?
- What Data do we collect?
- How do we collect Data?
- How will we use Data?
- How do we store Data?
- Our third party Data processors
- For how long do we keep Data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us?
- How to contact the appropriate Danish authority?
What Data do we collect?
Abzu collects the following Data:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Your title and role within your company, if applicable
How do we collect Data?
Abzu collects and processes Data when you:
- Place an order for any of our products or services.
- Register on our website.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards (such as Discord or Slack) or via email.
Abzu may also on our own initiative collect publicly available Data from:
- LinkedIn and other social media.
How will we use Data?
Abzu collects Data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like
- Retain and evaluate information on your recent visits to our website and on how you move around different sections of our website for analytical purposes enabling us to understand how people use our website so that we can make it more intuitive.
- Collect information about devices accessing our services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information usually depends on the type of device used and its settings.
When Abzu processes your order, we may send Data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store Data?
Abzu securely stores your Data on our dedicated servers located within the EU. Our physical servers are provided by Hetzner.
Our third party Data processors
We use a number of third parties (“Third Parties”) to process Data on our behalf. These Third Parties have been carefully chosen by us and they all comply with the legislation set out in the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR).
Third Parties include suppliers of IT development, maintenance, hosting and support, suppliers supporting us with marketing (CRM), customer support and secure identification solutions, as well as suppliers of financial services such as banks. Third Parties may also come to process Data for their own fraud prevention and risk management.
When we share Data with Third Parties, we only share Data for purposes compatible with the purposes for which we have collected the Data. We have written agreements in place with all Third Parties through which they guarantee the security and confidentiality of Data that they process on our behalf and which contains limitations with regards to transfers to third countries.
For how long do we keep Data?
Abzu will keep Data for as long as you use our services.
Once the subscription has ended, we will keep the Data for as long as they are needed for the purposes for which the Data was collected and processed, however no longer than 12 months.
Abzu would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive such marketing information, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Abzu from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your Data to other members of the Abzu Group.
What are your data protection rights?
Abzu would like to make sure that you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Abzu for copies of your Data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Abzu correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Abzu to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Abzu erase your Data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Abzu restrict the processing of your Data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Abzu’s processing of your Data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Abzu transfer Data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us:
We have one month to respond to you, if you make such request.
Abzu does not use marketing or other tracking cookies on our website. The only cookies we use are session cookies which are transient and deleted when the user logs out or when they expire after some time of inactivity.
This means that the only purpose of our session cookies is to keep you signed in until you sign out or become inactive.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact Abzu
How to contact the appropriate Danish authority
If you wish to report a complaint, or if you feel that Abzu has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Danish Data Protection Agency (in Danish: Datatilsynet).
- By e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone at +45 33 19 32 00
- By mail at Datatilsynet, Carl Jacobsens Vej 35, DK-2500 Valby, Denmark