Abzu is breaking new ground in the life science and pharmaceutical industries in early research, clinical development, and digital health.
Specifically, you will be part of our forward-looking team composed of bioinformaticians, data scientists, business developers, engineers, and project managers, and collaborate with industry experts in various fields.
This role is ideal for someone with an interest in machine learning, a passion for bringing the latest research to real applications, strong presentation and communication skills, and a knack for explaining complex analytical concepts to people from other fields.
- You have a PhD in a relevant field in the life sciences (Statistics, Biology, Bioinformatics, Systems Biology, Pharmacogenomics, Genetics, Computational Biology, etc.)
- You bring +5 years of experience working in the biotech or pharmaceutical industries (+3 years if relevant postdoc experience)
- You have experience from a late-stage preclinical side of pharma (e.g., from a Biostatistics department or similar)
- You are someone who can help set the strategic direction for using our proprietary AI to solve problems, and understand the role that machine learning and AI plays in the pharmaceutical industry
- You can show proven application of advanced analytics, data science, and statistical methods in a pharma and/or biotech setting
- You are comfortable in customer-facing situations, like to explore external opportunities (e.g., industry partnerships, academic collaborations, etc.), and want to use our technology to cut through the noise of biological data
- You’re willing to travel for work on occasions (e.g., Abzu gatherings, client meetings, industry conferences, etc.)
- You have a deep understanding of how the pharmaceutical industry works and have a large network within the industry
We'd love it if…
- You have a passion for AI, machine learning, and research
- You have experience with data science in Python (sklearn, statsmodels, pandas, numpy) or R — but this is not a must
- You have experience in handling complex data types, data integration, and analytical bioinformatics
- You like public speaking and presenting ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
How to apply
Founded in February 2018, Abzu is an applied research startup with offices in Copenhagen, Denmark and Barcelona, Spain.
You’ll have the opportunity to be part of a highly-skilled, fast-thinking, and energetic team. Our philosophy and culture are based on self management, which empowers people to be themselves and make their own decisions about their work.
We are focused on creating the best environment where people have integrity, a strong sense of responsibility, and collaborate in creative and inspiring ways. We believe and trust in people, their high potential, and inestimable value.
This requires transparency and trust, which is an integral part of our technology and who we are. This organizational style is not a fit for everyone.