You’ll be an integral part of a small cross-functional Product team with expertise in software engineering, user experience, artificial intelligence, and product development. You’ll collaborate closely with Marta, our UX’er, as well as with the product team developers: Tom, Roger, Emil, Jaan, Casper, and Valentina. More teammates will be joining us in the coming months. Read more about each of us here.
As the team (and the company) is distributed between two locations, we have occasional gatherings and you will be required to travel to Copenhagen/Barcelona every now and then.
You’ll need broad experience and interests, a self-starting, entrepreneurial mentality, and the ability to deal with the ambiguity that comes with deep tech product development.
The right candidate has a clear view on how to navigate the above and a desire to work in (mostly) uncharted territory.
Experience designing in a scientific field is a clear plus, but not required.
- 5+ years in a senior UX/UI or digital product design role
- Experience in defining and conducting user research and translating the results into actionable plans to improve user experience and product
- Strong UI and interaction design skills
- Experience designing for complex SaaS products
- Proficiency in Figma and adapting existing Design Systems (e.g., MUI)
- A portfolio or other way of showing examples of your work
- Experience providing guidance and mentorship to other designers
We'd love it if…
- You are a design generalist. You might tilt more towards one design discipline over another, but you’re familiar with the full range of skills required to design a product
- You are a fast learner
- You thrive in ambiguity and are comfortable with change and context switching
- You have a passion for AI and science or research
How to apply
We will review applications as they come in, but please apply by the 15th of February, 2023 by sending your CV and cover letter to Maria Jacobsen at email@example.com.
Founded in February 2018, Abzu is an applied research startup with offices in Copenhagen, Denmark and Barcelona, Spain.
You’ll have the opportunity to be part of a highly-skilled, fast-thinking, and energetic team. Our philosophy and culture are based on self management, which empowers people to be themselves and make their own decisions about their work.
We are focused on creating the best environment where people have integrity, a strong sense of responsibility, and collaborate in creative and inspiring ways. We believe and trust in people, their high potential, and inestimable value.
This requires transparency and trust, which is an integral part of our technology and who we are. This organizational style is not a fit for everyone.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion
As a global startup, Abzu is committed to advancing social equity and inclusive growth and standing against injustice, bias, discrimination, and racism – worldwide.