Abzu® is breaking new ground in the pharmaceutical and life science industries in early research, clinical development, and digital health with its proprietary explainable artificial intelligence.
You will be part of our business development team located in the UK, Denmark, and Spain.
This role is ideal for someone with experience in selling complex solutions and developing relationships in the pharmaceutical and life science industries. You should have an independent and structured mindset, and aren’t afraid of knocking on people’s doors.
We’re an open-minded bunch of friendly and ambitious nerds, so even if you do not meet all of the criteria listed below but are excited about the opportunity, please consider applying or asking us questions. We are here to grow together and bring Abzu one step closer to realising the promise of explainable artificial intelligence.
- You are tenacious and have demonstrated success in selling complex services to the pharmaceutical and life science industries, both at c-level and directly to research scientists.
- You have exceptional communication skills and mastery in the art of “customer listening” to uncover emerging needs through initial discovery and sales qualification.
- You are driven by ambitious commercial goals, both for your team and at an individual level, and thrive at building relationships.
- You have sufficient industry and domain knowledge to navigate discussions in early drug discovery research and target discovery, and you are interested in learning how AI can be applied to solve our customers’ problems.
- You are used to working in a structured manner with CRM systems (like HubSpot) and thrive in meeting sales goals.
- You have strong business acumen and a profound understanding of dealmaking within the pharmaceutical industry, and can also nurture and grow existing relationships (i.e. hunting and farming skills).
- You are willing to travel for work and love being at conferences and events that drive new business.
We'd love it if…
- You have a passion for and knowledge of AI and machine learning.
- You have a strong network within the pharma industry.
- You are willing to teach and coach your peers on constant improvement as we scale our sales and organization.
How to apply
We will review applications as they come in, but please apply by the 31st of March, 2023 by sending your CV and cover letter to Maria Jacobsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abzu empowers scientists to bring drugs to market faster by accelerating their exploration and understanding.
Abzu’s expertise in disease understanding and drug discovery – combined with its proprietary QLattice® discovery engine – quickly reveals related biological mechanisms in data to drive discoveries and reduce R&D timelines and costs.
Founded in January 2018, Abzu is a deep tech startup with offices in Copenhagen, Denmark and Barcelona, Spain.
Working at Abzu
You’ll have the opportunity to be part of a highly-skilled, fast-thinking, and energetic team. Our philosophy and culture are based on self-management, which empowers people to be themselves and make their own decisions about their work.
We focus on creating the best environment where people have integrity and a strong sense of responsibility and collaborate creatively and in inspiring ways. We believe and trust in people, their high potential, and inestimable value.
This requires transparency and trust, which are integral to our technology and who we are. This organizational style is not a fit for everyone.
For more information about what it’s like to work at Abzu, see www.abzu.ai/about-us and www.abzu.ai/handbook.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Diversity, equity, and inclusion
As a global startup, Abzu is committed to advancing social equity and inclusive growth and standing against injustice, bias, discrimination, and racism – worldwide.